Saturday 18 January 2014

Ingo by Helen Dunmore review



469964    
"I wish I was away in Ingo Far across the briny sea, Sailing over deepest waters Where love nor care never trouble me. . . ."

By the Cornwall coast where Sapphire lives with her family, it's easy to hear the call of the sea. Too easy.

When the sea called to Sapphy's father, he vanished from her life. When the sea called to her brother, he started disappearing for hours on end. And now the sea is calling to Sapphy, and she feels its pull more strongly than she's ever felt anything in her life.


This book just didn't connect to me. I listened to it on audiobook. That's not why the book didn't connect to me. The narrator had an excellent voice but the book was just too slow paced. The text wasn't right and I just didn't like it. I liked the idea of there being a undersea world off the beach. I will get the next books in the series but that's only since I'm one of the people who just has to complete a series.  

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment