Monday 6 January 2014

Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne review



 Monument 14 (Monument 14, #1)
This is the story of what happens when 14 kids are trapped inside a superstore in the town of Monument. Inside they have everything they could ever need and with no adult supervision they can do whatever they want.

Sounds like fun?

It is.

Until they find out that the world outside is being destroyed...


I read a lot of dystopian YA fiction. If you asked me what genre I read most, it would probably be dystopian. This book just caught my attention from the premise.  A bunch of kids trapped in a supermarket during the apocalypse. It sounded like it could be an exciting read. It was. The main character is Dean who is the best person who looks after the kids in my opinion but he also turns into a raging monster. Let me  explain that. The outside air has some kind of chemical that affects different types of blood. The ones that are the most safe are type B, The one that Dean which I forgot what blood type he is turns him into a man- eating monster. There's Astrid who the's love interest of this book and there's a weird love triangle going on. There's Niko whose orders get out of hand. There's Jake and Brayden who cause the most trouble. There are quite a lot of characters in this book.
It's a very fast-paced book which I like. I hate books which goes at a snail's pace or slower. Lots of action happens and I don't want to spoil too much.
The book's the first part of a trilogy and I will be definitely getting the others. My only nitpick is that the other characters seemed more interesting than Dean for a while. The end changes that but I won't go into much detail.                                                  

4/5                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment